Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Supa News


So, yesturday we took the Nolanator to the allergist. He is new since our old one moved. Really nice guy. Great with Nolan. He put him back on the nasal steroid since he has the allergy shiners and stuffy nose. Should help him. He also suggested a hepa filter. Those sure are pricey.
I talked with him a little about when they would retest him. For those who do not know, Nolan is allergic to eggs, peanuts, cats, dogs, ragweed and mold. He used to have more food allergies, but has outgrown them. Most children outgrow an egg allergy by the age of 5 and only 20% of children will outgrow a peanut allergy. He wants to see Nolan back in 4 weeks and are going to retest him for his allergies to see if we can "challenge" them. He will do the simple blood test to see how high his IgE level is (antibodies that will fight the food) to see if the challenge is even worth it. Woohoo! My son might get to have french toast or pancakes, or muffins or birthday cake!! Of course I make them for him now, egg free, but not as often as I would like.
Well, I thought I would get to post more, but James needs me for something. Maybe I can update more tomorrow. Have a great night!

No comments: