Friday, February 22, 2008

Nolan's first Movie Theater Visit


Today was just one of those days that you just didn't know how it would turn out. Of course Nolan got up all cranky, and the truck was out of gas and we were running late. Of course it was all those things! Then, I get off work early, pick the kiddos up and the sitter goes and wakes the Nolanator up. Whoa....grouchy. Someone got up on the wrong side of his nap.
So, for about an hour I battle with his temper tantrums and then have to pack the kiddos up to get Nolan's haircut. He loves getting his hair cut. Whew....one less battle.
We get home. The kids are fighting like crazy. Ugh. I hide in my room. I just need to get out of the house and do something fun. James and I talked about taking him to his very first movie, just the three of us, this weekend. We decided to do it tonight since we have some serious shopping to do this weekend.
Nolan picked IHOP to go out to eat at. That was a great choice since it is right next to the Palace. The Palace is playing The Bee Movie. It was a cute movie. He did Super good. I was totally surprised. He did get a little antsy about 1/2 way through, but me made it. He was so excited to have popcorn and root beer! Then, I think he wanted to go to the arcade. I think that may have been why he was so antsy. He loves those video games. On the way out, we let him play one and we were off. He fell asleep on the way home. Ahhhh....makes bedtime so much easier.
Speaking of bedtime.....I think that is where I am heading.

No comments: